Remote work blessing turned nightmare - kids home sick again
So I've been remote for 2 years and it's been great, but man... today my 4yo has strep and my 6yo apparently caught it. Wife is at work (her job doesn't allow WFH) and I have back-to-back client calls at 10am, 1pm, and 3pm. I'm sitting here at 9:45am trying to figure out how to look professional on camera while also keeping two miserable kids from destroying each other. Already had to reschedule one meeting last week. My boss is starting to ask questions about productivity. Anyone else deal with this? How do you actually manage?
Have you tried giving them an iPad with headphones in another room? I feel like a bad parent saying it but it literally saves my afternoons when I have back to back calls.
The strep nightmare is real. We had the same thing happen in August and my 4yo wouldn't take the antibiotics without a fight every single dose. Meanwhile I'm supposed to be leading a project review. Somehow we all survived.