My 12yo doesn't want to come to my place anymore
This has been eating at me for weeks ngl. My son used to be excited about his weekends with me but lately he's been making excuses or just sitting on his phone the whole time. I asked him what's up and he said "your apartment is boring and I don't have my friends there."
I get it - he's 12, he's got friends and activities, but my ex gets him during the week for all the school stuff and his sports team. When does he get to see me? I feel like I'm losing him and I don't know how to fix it without pressuring him. Any dads dealt with this?
Could also be that his mom said something or he overheard a conversation. Co-parenting can get messy and kids are little sponges. My ex used to make snide comments about my place and my daughter picked up on the vibe. Once we got on the same page it got better.